Medications We Cover and How to Find Them
See the full list of generic and brand name drugs covered by MVP Medicare plans that include Part D prescription drug coverage.
The following are formularies that are part of our 2023 Medicare Advantage Plans:
- 2023 Medicare Part D Comprehensive Formulary (PDF) [link to new location for PDF currently at https://www.mvphealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/download-manager-files/mvp-health-care-medicare-comprehensive-formulary-db.pdf] (list of covered drugs) (updated 11/2022)
- 2023 UVM Health Advantage Medicare Part D Comprehensive Formulary (PDF) [link to new location for PDF currently at https://www.mvphealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/download-manager-files/mvp-health-care-medicare-comprehensive-formulary-uvm-2023.pdf] (list of covered drugs) (updated 11/2022)
- 2023 Formulario Comprensivo (PDF) [link to new location for PDF currently at https://www.mvphealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/download-manager-files/mvp-health-care-medicare-comprehensive-formulary-db-spanish-2023.pdf] (actualizado 11/2022)
What Is a Formulary?
A Formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by your pharmacy benefit. We generally cover drugs listed in our Formulary as long as they are medically necessary, the prescription is filled at an MVP network pharmacy, and other plan rules are followed.
The MVP Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) Committee developed and approved our Formulary. The Committee includes practicing doctors, representing a variety of medical specialties, as well as practicing pharmacists and clinical health plan staff members, including medical directors and registered pharmacists. A doctor and pharmacist with training and experience in the care of the elderly and disabled are also included on the Committee.
Formulary Search Tools
You can find drugs in our formulary for each plan:
- WellSelect® with Part D
- Secure with Part D
- Secure Plus with Part D
- Preferred Gold with Part D
- WellSelect® Plus with Part D
In 2023, if you have diabetes, you won’t pay more than $35 for a one-month supply of plan-covered insulin listed in the MVP Medicare Part D Formulary regardless of the drug’s cost-sharing tier.
$0 Preferred Generic Drugs
We cover many commonly used generic drugs at no cost. Tier 1 of the formulary (Preferred Generic Drugs) includes select drugs to treat diabetes, blood pressure, bone health, and high cholesterol. Browse the tabs below for a list of these drugs, and talk to your doctor to find out if any may be right for you.